Have you been feeling snappy of late?
Frustrated that you haven’t been having enough sex?
Or perhaps, unable to ignite that desire for your partner of many years?
Life feels so bland, and you want to get your spice and juiciness back!
Amidst the rapid pace and daily demands of life, taking time to indulge in pure pleasure is rarely included on our to-do list – or it is the first to be removed once we get busy.
When was the last time you did something just because it made you feel good?
Pleasure in Balance
If we always neglect pleasure, we can become numb and forget how to feel. We turn snappy, lashing out from this unfulfilled space within.
Yet, if we over-indulge, always looking outside of ourselves for something to feed our sensual desires, our surface pleasures lose their appeal or can even become unhealthy addictions.
Sensations are most pleasurable in balance.
And one of the ways to increase real pleasure and love in your life is by balancing the Sacral Chakra.
Chakras are the circular vortexes of energy that are placed in seven different points on the spinal column, and all of them are connected to the various organs and glands within the body. They are responsible for disturbing the life energy – which is also known as Qi or Praana.
The Sacral Chakra is the second one we have. It is represented with the colour orange and its element is water.
This chakra influences how inspired you feel, the general joys and pleasures in life, satisfaction in romantic relationship, and your ability to express your emotions. Once it’s balanced, you will be able to experience life to its fullest
However, if it’s unbalanced, it can affect your everyday life in many ways. Take a look at the possible effects below.
- Feeling emotionless
- Lacking of desire or passion
- Depriving yourself of pleasure
- Being unable to focus
- Feeling insecure or having low self-esteem
- Experiencing sexual repression
- Feeling jealous often
- Feeling overly ambitious
- Experiencing compulsive behaviours
- Getting overly emotional
- Being emotionally dependent
- Having trouble setting boundaries
- Experiencing sexual addiction
- Feeling hypersensitive
If you think you’ve been seeing these signs, you should consider the next steps on how you can alleviate them.
How To Balance Your Sacral Chakra
- Reconnect with the sacral chakra’s element – water. You can take a bath, go swimming, or dangle your feet in the body of water.
- Be creative. Let your energy flow by exploring new or old hobbies. Try dancing, writing, drawing, or participating in other playful activities.
- Yoga. This activity helps balance and open your chakras. The best poses for this include the open-angle, frog, pigeon, and goddess poses.
- Meditation. Sit with your spine and back straight. Relax and breathe deeply. Focus your attention on your sacral chakra and its orange colour for 3-5 minutes.
- Affirmations. Calmly speak positive “I feel” affirmations such as “I feel at peace”, “I feel passionate”, “I feel comfortable with my body”, “My sexuality is sacred”, and “I deserve sexual pleasure”.
Recite and write the ones you picked daily because when what you think about, say about and act on about align, the universe will make things happen for you.
- Aromatherapy. The best essential oils to open and balance this chakra include Orange, Lemon, Lime, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Cardamom, Black Pepper, and Cinnamon.
- Crystal Healing. The Sacral Chakra’s complementary crystal is Carnelian. You can also use Ruby, Citrine, Amber, Tangerine Quartz, & Fire Opal.
- Foods. Orange foods can help balance your sacral chakra. This includes sweet potato, carrots, and orange bell peppers.
Now that you know how to improve your chakra flow, it is time to ALLOW your senses to genuinely engage with more of the simple and profound pleasures of life.
If you feel GUILTY enjoying it, take a breath and sense where this feeling stems from. Remind yourself – life is meant to be enjoyed, with yourself and with your partner.
Let’s celebrate your love life by balancing your sacral chakra! Woohoo!